Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asylum Forum Index -> ESO, Rift, Neverwinter, Guild Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fexelea
Leader
Don't step on Bonepiles 2.0

user avatar

Joined: 04 Jun 2011
Posts: 388

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Neverwinter Thread

0
As we got bored with the farmfest that endgame has become, many kinsmates looked around for other games to entertain themselves with whilst we wait for updates.

Many of us have found a small, casual home in Neverwinter Online, and we now have our own guild there as well: Asylum of Crickhollow on the Dragon Shard.

Let's use this thread to discuss things we have found entertaining about the new game, as well as gripes or funny anecdotes!


_________________
"The wise speak only of what they know"
J.R.R. Tolkien
Proakis
Officer
Neverswim



Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 54

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Neverwinter Thread

0
I been getting a few questions asking about currencies in Neverwinter. So here is a quick overview.

1)Zen is the real life money and can be bought for 1 cent = 1 zen
2) AD (astral diamonds) are the in game money and can be gained by doing almost anything and then selling it on the AH( finding items/crafting/praying/daily quests in that order of how much you can get).

They can be traded between the zen -> AD or AD -> zen exchange (top on screen, 3 buttons from the left). If you ever need zen or AD you can exchange it to the other very quickly and easily.

1 cent = 1 zen <=> 380 AD (at the current exchange rate)
$10 = 1000 zen <=> 380,000 AD
You can't trade AD directly with other players.

You can check the zen store or the Auction house (top of screen buttons) to check what you can buy.

All the other currencies in the game are mostly useless and hard to get but here is the quick rundown.

3) Ardent and Celestial coins (prayer coins)
You both gain 1 of each coin the first time you pray for the day. The Ardent coins stay around until you spend them. Celestial coins disappear if you don't pray every single day. If you can pray 7 days in the row the celestial coins can be traded for a high level gem + ward. The amount of ardent coins you need (150-360 ardent coins) make this currency almost worthless. The 7 day reward for gems and wards (both good sellers on the AH) make this a good way to make a small amount of AD.

4) Seals are gained from doing dungeons (1 per dungeon completed + 1 more if dungeon event is up) OR trading 40 bounties for 1 seal. They can be used for getting equipment for the level of the dungeon you are doing. Sadly by the time you get enough seals you are usually way past that level. You can gain extra seals by using coins but that is probably not the best thing to buy with the coins. The seal vendors are located in the corners of the market area. Each corner vendor deals with a certain seal that corresponds to that level.

5) Glory is the PvP curreny and can be gained by doing pvp. Glory points can be used to buy PvP potions or PvP armor.

6) Gold is used for buy mining node kits and morale pots. I suggest that once you get your mount at lvl20 for 5 gold you mostly spend all your gold to buy morale pots and kits. There really isn't much else to buy (some white/green crafting items and maybe some low level armor/weapon in the market area)


Last edited by Proakis on 2013/05/11 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Proakis
Officer
Neverswim



Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 54

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Neverwinter Thread

0
Crafting information
----------------------

Crafting can be done anywhere and can be accessed through the in game button (top of screen) or through the website out of game (smart phone or web browser).

browser access
http://gateway.playneverwinter.com

The overview tab tells you what each of your slots are doing. It is a good idea to unlock as many slots as you can.

Each profession has assets and resources unique to that profession. Assets are not used up when you use them. Resources are used up when you use them.

There are two types of assets: people and tools. A lvl1 person has a base 5% speed increase. lvl2 persons have 5% increase to speed, lvl3 have 10% increase in speed, lvl4 have 25% increase in speed, and lvl5 has a 50% increase in speed.

To increase the level of a person you need *4* people of that level to make *1* person of a higher level. So at profession level of 7 you can combine 4 lvl1 people to make 1 lvl2 persons.
At crafting profession lvl 14 (can combine personlvl3), lvl15(personlvl4), lvl17 (personlvl5).

The same goes for the other asset... which are tools. Tools are a lot harder to get. They are mostly from crafting *asset* boxes (Crafting *resource* boxes only have resources. You must get an crafting *asset* box for assets). Tools follow the same progression but since you can't get tools easily it is a lot harder to get higher level tools. LvL1 tools are found in the crafting vendor in the market (look in the asset tab) and can be bought for a few silvers/gold. However, you can't increase a lvl1 tool to a lvl2 tool. Only lvl2 tools and higher can be combined to higher tools. So all higher level tools (lvl2-4 tools) are from crafting asset boxes.

The lvl1 tool has a crit rating of 8%. Lvl2 tools have a 16% chance. Lvl3 tools have a 24% chance. Lvl4 have a 40% chance to crit.

People increase the speed something is made while tools increase the quality of the item (chance to crit them). So if you craft something the extra asset slots can either make something faster(adding extra people) or higher quality(adding extra tools).

So if you have 3 lvl5 people your crafting speed is 150% or if you put in 3 lvl4 tools your crafting quality is 150%.

The crafting quality work on a percent chance to crit an item. The quality of items go from green -> blue ->purple. So if you have 0% crit chance and you are crafting a green item there is a 0% chance to get a blue item. If you raise your crit chance to 40% then there is a 40% chance to get a blue item and a 60% chance to get a green one. If you get a crit chance above 100% then there is a 100% chance of getting a blue item and every crit above that will then give you a chance at a purple item.

So if you get a 120% crit chance you have a 20% chance to get a purple item. If you dont crit a purple you are guaranteed the blue item.

Also this explains how to unlock the 100% speed crafting slot and the lvl3 (purple item) slot. You just need to slot enough tools or people to gain these slots.

To figure out what profession you want to specialize just think what you want to make. Leadership makes Astral diamonds mostly. Plate makes tanky stuff. Mailsmith makes cleric/GWF stuff. Leatherworker makes rogue stuff. Tailoring makes wizard stuff.

The leadership tree makes AD directly while the other professions make items that you sell on the AH for AD. So most people just like the no fuss production of leadership since you dont have to deal with the AH as much. But in the end just pick something that works for you.
Proakis
Officer
Neverswim



Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 54

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Neverwinter Thread

0
I just found these two really good pages. I suggest you take a look at them.

Class builds for every class.
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?182621-Sticky-gt-Master-List-of-Class-Builds-lt

Crafting information (fairly complete)
http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Professions
Proakis
Officer
Neverswim



Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 54

Send private message
Reply with quote

re: The Neverwinter Thread

0
Neverwinter AH exploit was found.

The prices of diamonds/zen has been screwed up probably for the next few months. There are reports of people having million to billions of AD.

1 million AD = $27
1 billion AD = $27,000

Yea.. i have no idea how good their auditing of the AH system is or how good they can track all the extra money in the game. Hopefully the economy will not be too bad/unplayable since neverwinter is a pay to win type of game.

To give you an idea, you can almost double the stats of endgame armor with top gems. It takes about $200 in money to get a top gem if you want to just buy it. I have no idea how much time it would take to get that in game.

You are looking at close to $1500-$2000 to fully "enchant" endgame.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asylum Forum Index -> ESO, Rift, Neverwinter, Guild Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum